Are you a business leader interested in the green economy?
If YES, can we help your business grow?
Geelong Sustainability has been connecting and collaborating with like-minded local people and organisations since 2007.
We exist to inform, inspire and connect our community. Part of our mission is to support businesses that contribute to the green economy by connecting them with customers who value the work they do.
We have over 5,000 subscribers and reach over 7,000 people on social media. In the last year, we’ve run projects in sustainable energy, housing and transport and engaged tens of thousands of community members in the process.
Our community has told us that they want: 1) up-to-date independent information, 2) practical advice and 3) referral to trustworthy local suppliers. In response, we developed an interactive Sustainability Directory to connect organisations with engaged consumers.
- Like to connect your business to our expanding community of actively-engaged, sustainability-focused consumers?
- Does the purpose of your business, social enterprise or not-for-profit organisation align with our mission and objectives?
If YES, then we invite you to apply to become a GS Business Member. Once approved, you’ll be able to showcase your organisation’s products and services in our Sustainability Directory.
Please take 5 minutes to complete the form below and we’ll be in touch ASAP.
It’s also worth mentioning that your membership fee will support our ambitious plans, impactful projects and engaging 2022 events.
So let’s work together to transition our region towards a climate resilient, clean energy, circular economy and a prosperous future for everyone.
Our approval process
As you’d expect, we need to protect the public (and our reputation) from any greenwashing.
After receiving a completed application, GS will check each applicant’s website, Facebook page and other public statements to confirm alignment with our objectives and values. We’re keen to verify, as far as possible, any environmental claims made about an applicant’s products or services.
Our approval criteria
- Does your organisation or business support people to live more sustainably?
- Do you assist households and workplaces to reduce their carbon footprint?
- Do you support GS’s objective for a climate resilient, clean energy, circular economy future?
- Is your organisation or business local? Do you employ local people?
- Does your organisation or business operate in the G21 Region, see the map below.
If YES, then we encourage you to join our growing business network and list your products/services in our Directory.
G21 Region Map